Video by David Lenk and John Moore for the DCPA NewsCenter
Teen Company members get a special treat before opening of The Phantom of the Opera
DCPA Education students got to meet actor Derrick Davis, who plays the title role in The Phantom of the Opera, on Opening Night in Denver on November 8. They also got to see the chandelier being prepared in the Buell Theatre before the house opened thanks to Assistant Stage Manager Lizz Bender. For info on upcoming DCPA Education classes and opportunities, go to denvercenter.org Phantom plays in Denver through Sunday (November 17.)
Photo gallery: DCPA Teen CompanyPhotos by John Moore.
The Phantom of the Opera: Ticket information
Cameron Macintosh’s spectacular new production returns to Denver as part of its North American Tour. Critics are raving that this breathtaking production is “bigger and better than ever before” and features a brilliant new scenic design by Paul Brown, Tony Award®-winning original costume design by Maria Björnson, lighting design by Tony Award®-winner Paule Constable, new choreography by Scott Ambler, and new staging by director Laurence Connor. The production, overseen by Matthew Bourne and Cameron Mackintosh, boasts many exciting special effects including the show’s legendary chandelier. The beloved story and thrilling score – with songs like “Music of the Night,” “All I Ask Of You,” and “Masquerade” – will be performed by a cast and orchestra of 52, making this Phantom one of the largest productions now on tour.
- Producer: Cameron Mackintosh
- Written by: Andrew Lloyd Webber, Charles Hart and Richard Stilgoe; adapted from the novel by Gaston Leroux
- Direct by: Laurence Connor
- When: Through November 17
- Where: Buell Theatre
- Accessible Performance: Saturday, November 16 at 2 p.m.
- Tickets: Available by calling 303-893-4100, in person in the Helen Bonfils Theatre Complex at 14th and Curtis streets or, online by clicking here:
- The Phantom of Opera official web site